Monday 16 July 2018

Examples in Class

Today in class I was looking at examples of how and what I will be doing with the proposal. It will include:

The basic's of what I need
  • Log-line
  • Treatment
  • Character Bios
  • Storyboard
I can possibly include if I have time to include
  • Concept Art
  • Character deveopment
  • Background Art
I found an example of a new way to present the body of work, in a new and differently exciting style
By Nathan Mora
The title and back page has background art on it, will no title of words. It then, does not have a contents page but instead dives into the storyboard. During the storyboard, it relives the title page. After the storyboard is finished (printed on 1-3 scenes per page), it shows the log-line, treatment but still no contents. It then ends with showing the character's bios. This is a very different way to present the proposal then what most people would hand in.

This style of presenting the proposal would require a lot of extra work to be done in and out of class. I do not have to present my work like this, but I do like the style of presentation. It is like a piece of artwork in itself.

New Zealand Examples

We were shown lots of different animations made by just New Zealand animators and writers. The biggest (only) company in New Zealand History was the 'Simmond's brothers'. There was the short film called 'A Very Nice Honeymoon' and 'Pearl, Florist and the Bull'. Today is New Zealand animation day. Wow. Animation in New Zealand really has came along way.

What I will do

But today, I will create a log-line and a basic plot line to create my animation on. I have decided to create a new story that what I created in 2D animation, unless given permission by the tutor to use the animatic story 'Pharmacist Trouble'. The trouble with this story is that it is 3 minuets long, also it has more than two characters (Silver Jewel, Oliver Moore, and the pharmacist).

I was asked to summarize the story I will be creating. "Well, I was thinking about using my animatic I made in my past class but I decided not too, because it is 3 minuets long. But, I will be using the same characters from my other story in my new story I will create. Basically, one character is a very serious, no time for fun and games, sort of character. This character is the manager of the biggest company in the world. Whereas the other character is a mute, playful and shy character. It's a comedy sort of story about the different struggles and troubles the two of these characters get into."

The feedback I was given was different comparisons on the type of characters, being;
  • X-Men
  • Ori and the cockroaches
  • Squidward and Spongebob
I will take these comparisons into account. Not only about how they interact with each other, but also why they interact. Why would the serious character hang out with the playful character? I will research into this more.


No comments:

Post a Comment