Thursday 25 October 2018

Results

Day One Results of my Research Project.
My project is a huge success. My theory has been proven correct as, when I spoke to some patisapants of my project, they all come up with different and unique reasons for the characters relationship being what they viewed it as. Here are the current results and percentages.

Friendship 46 - 27%
Brotherhood 45 - 26%
Bromance 39 - 23%
Romance 42 - 24% (Maybe)

I have been made aware that the results for the 'romance' category has not been taken seriously, as both others and myself have seen my own class mates (who strongly believe in them being gay) taking a large handful and dumping it all in the romance jar. This gives off incorrect results. I had eye witness notify me that the jar had about 6 or 7 marbles inside, then one minute later magically has about 30. This is disappointing but its OK.

Also, here are some comments from some of the partisapants for two different category's (different from my classmates)

Friendship - "Of coarse their just friends, it's the most logical answer. First off, their both guys, and second off, one treats the other like how I treat my best friend. Coldly for a joke. I mean, I am not being cold to my friend to be mean, it's just who I am and my friend is a close friend of mine. It's more for a joke or something. But how could these two be anything else really? They do not seem to be in a romantic relationship at all, like, their not kissing or looking happy with each others presence, well one kinda is. I don't know. Them being friends is the most logical answer you see. Ya? Good."

Brotherhood - "I can tell. They must be bothers. I mean, one is obviously the annoying one. The other one seems to be having to be putting up with the other one. The only reason the smart one wouldn't kick him to the curve is because their brothers. Siblings will be siblings and more often than not, my sibling is annoying me at some point, and that character has the same face I used to have when they did. Their close, but not close enough. If they were romantically involved with each other, they would both have to be happy with each other, and looking into each others eyes and stuff like me an my hobby does some days. Nah, they are diffidently brothers. No other reason."

Extra information I found
These random people were asked by myself if they interact with the internet often, played a lot of video games, or watched a lot of YouTube/anime. Both responded, no. I asked this because I am aware that my classmates do interact with the internet a lot, game and watch anime, etc. This makes me think about if the people who are influenced by the internet have been given a new prespetive of how people 'should' interact and if they have relationships. These classmates introduced me to what they call 'Shipping' and 'Canons'.

Basically, 'shipping' is when two characters are 'shipped' together as, probably having a romantic relationship. They can 'ship' anyone together, when they don't have that kind of relationship. People will even 'ship' two male friends together for interacting a lot. A 'canon' is when the authors of the series that contained the two 'shipped' characters reveals that the two character have just started or are in-fact dating/romantically involved. So have a canon, the two characters announce that their dating, 'kiss' on screen or get married.

This is an interesting idea that I could dive into on a different day

No comments:

Post a Comment