Thursday 18 October 2018

Artist Statement

Artist Statement

Bethany Hayes
Screen Arts
Year 1 Diploma in Animation

The Morning Rush
Short Animation, ToonBoom Harmany

I’m a first-year animator, aiming to create a story that will make people smile or laugh. At the start of the year, I thought of two different characters that were absolute opposites. I thought it would be funny to have both these characters put together and show how they would interact with each other, including the conflicts they’ll obviously face. Thus, the duo Oliver Moore and Silver Jewel was created.

With this animation, I experimented with both rigging and frame-by-frame animation, to get some variety in my animation. Also, when animating, I always tried to create a very clean and smooth animation, having an eye for any detail that could be added to make the animation that much cleaner. I also wanted to have music my sister and I had created included in my animation. I enjoyed creating and watching my finished animation.

With this being my first full animation, I look forward to developing and experimenting with more ways to show both this story of Oliver and Silver, but also with other stories I could create. I’m always hoping to create the reason for someone smiling today. (Jeremiah 29 -11)

No comments:

Post a Comment