Thursday 21 June 2018

The jump and lift cycle

I have drawn my character Silver Jewel's jumping and lifting cycle
There were ups and downs when animating. I was over all fun to animate. I had to consider some key things effecting Silver Jewel, center of gravity, squish and stretching the character, and also secondary motion. 
This was really fun to draw. I found the hair the hardest thing to animate as it bounced and flowed in the air. I even gave Silver Jewel an excited expression when leaping. It add to the overall movement of Silver, and also gives him more personally. Squish and stretch was applied to Silver Jewel's body.
This was hard to animate. I found animating the hair and the legs hard to do. This is due to the hair not being stuck to his face, but dangle down because of gravity. Also the legs were hard to animate because of the hard angles they are on. The center of gravity was really important when lifting a heavy mass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment