Monday 20 August 2018

Recording sound effects and dialogue

I recorded the sound effects and my dialogue

I planed to find a quiet room at SIT to record my sounds and to use my laptop to record. I soon found with trialing that the sound that was recorded with my laptop was messy and inconstant. This was bad and I needed a plan 'B' fast. So I ran around to the shops that were open (on a Sunday with very little shops open) to try and find a recording device. I came up empty-handed and returned to my crew to try my plan 'C', using my phone to record the sounds. 

The sound that I recorded with my phone was much better quality, being constant and easier to record. So we recorded the sounds and dialogue I needed with my phone. With this completed, I now wondered how I would transfer my sounds onto my laptop and into my animatic on Storyboard Pro.

The sound files that can be imported into Storyboard Pro should be a WAV audio file. The sound files I had were not WAV files. So, I asked a tutor the next day (Monday) how I could transform these files into what I need. I knew it could be done as I have seen it be done before. I was then directed to use Adobe Media Encoder. With this program, I could change my sound files into WAV files. 

Now I could import the sound files into Storyboard Pro like I needed them to be.

From this, I learned that I should always have back-up plans so if my first plan doesn't work, its OK. Also, I learned how to use Adobe Media Encoder, so now I can create and transfer my files into whatever file I like.

My crew
  • Chris Hayman
  • Trinity Hayes
  • Ashleigh Hayes

No comments:

Post a Comment