Thursday 9 August 2018

Presentation feedback

I have given my presentation. This is some of the feedback I recall receiving
During the presentation;
One classmate, as soon as he saw the artist model Yuri on Ice, bashed his hand onto his head multiple times in frustration in a (from my own view point and interpretation) 'are you kidding me?' moment. This action did not help my stage-fright and possibly made it worse.

A few classmates kept looking at each other as if to imply (from my own view point and interpretation) 'what on earth?' 'is she serious?' and also 'oh my god....'. This didn't help me much either.

I could be wrong about what they were thinking and why they exhibited those actions, but the faces they made appeared to be valid indicators of their reactions/feelings.

After the presentation
Yuri on Ice aimed comments:
Did two men kiss in Yuri on Ice?...because if they did they would be in a romantic relationship.
Are you drawing two characters in a relationship?
Friends kissing would suggest that they are involved with each other on a different level to romance.
Are you focusing on the romantic side of the relationships like in Yuri on Ice?

Constructive comments:
So have you looked into different ways to show communication? Or is it just your own thoughts and opinions on relationships in general?
How is your end project going to be presented?
Are you looking at different kinds of relationships in real life and real people understandings? Or more at a fictional characters' understanding?
With your drawings, I suggest that you look more to the director and writer from Yuri on Ice, as it would be a really strong aspect to achieve, with all this discussion already being brought up from this little presentation. I say, with all this debate, you have already done your job with challenging the audience.

With all these actions, comments and advice, I will upgrade and improve my research along with any further progress that will take place from now onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment